POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : POV won't read certain PPM files : POV won't read certain PPM files Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  POV won't read certain PPM files
From: Mike Shivas
Date: 16 Apr 2001 11:42:43
Message: <3adb12f3$1@news.povray.org>
Hi

I've found that POV-Ray (3.1g on Win32 and Linux) refuses to read certain
PPM images. The PPM file format is so simple I can't imagine what might be
wrong with the file. I opened it in a text editor and it's RAWBITS encoded,
Magic Number "P6". The file in question is < 1Mb.

Any scene file with an image_map pigment will recreate the error. The scene
will fail on parsing at the line containing the PPM file name with "Error
reading data from PPM image."

I'll post the offending image in povray.binaries.images. Could you guys try
and recreate this?

Thanks,

Mike