POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7) : Re: And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:23:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 16 Apr 2001 09:47:51
Message: <3adaf807@news.povray.org>
Francois Labreque <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> Geoff Wedig wrote:

> It's really nice as it allows us to see more of the details that went in
> the design of the fortress, however the image loses some of its mystical
> feel.

Yes.  It doesn't have that dark foreboding look.  Not sure I like losing
that.

  For example, it really looks like the guy is just throwing his
> lunch left-overs in the water (which everyone knows is bad for the
> environment!).  If you keep going ahead with this background, you'd
> probably need to add an underwater creature to explain what the person
> is doing.

Well, I've been considering a whirlpool.  If I can work out an iso funtion,
I'll do it.

> Some other slight nitpicks include:
> - have the wave patterns conform to the fortress outline,
> - have the first few rows of stones be wet,

They are, actually.  It's just not really noticable.  Need to work on that.

> - and have the clouds extend further away as they blend into the
> horizon.

Yeah, the clouds were thrown together.  As said elsewhere, they're basically
just the clouds from the pov manual, with a bit of scaling and some altered
parameters.  I'm not good with clouds, so ....  Anyone got any good, fast
clouds that are nice and fluffy looking that render blazingly fast?  I can't
put up with the image taking much longer. :/

Geoff