POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7) : Re: And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 16 Apr 2001 09:43:50
Message: <3adaf716@news.povray.org>
JRG <jrg### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Personally, I preferred the previous version... I loved the fantasy and
> misterious touch it had.

Well, yeah.  I'm not certain which I'm going with.  I just thought this was
pretty.

> In this version the fortress almost looks cozy, and the blue sky is maybe
> too saturated.

Thrown together.  Definitely needs some work, yeah.  In fact, it's basically
just the code from the pov manual for clouds, modified a little bit.

> The led panel is not as noticeble as in the first version and the sense of
> "bottomless pit" is lost.

Yeah, that's the big thing that bothers me.  Maybe I can get HE Day to let
me use his bottomless waterfall. ;)  Actually, a whirlpool or something
could be neat.  How to do it is a bit of a question, though.

Geoff