POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cigar, book, glasses and glass...(202k) : Cigar, book, glasses and glass...(202k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Cigar, book, glasses and glass...(202k)
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 14 Apr 2001 23:31:37
Message: <3ad91619@news.povray.org>
This got a lot of re-working and could still use some changes but I gave up.
It uses photons and radiosity to get some nice effects around the glasses
but the ashtray is a little bright looking.  I rendered this in 10240 x 7680
size which took 5 months to complete.  (My wife wanted a large poster so I
said sure!) Allowing it to render that long was a real pain since I have to
use the same computer for other stuff.  It wasn't turned off but allowed to
go night and day. Good or bad after that long you can really get tired of
the same image.

Patrick Dugan
mailto:pat### [at] netinsnet
http://showcase.netins.net/web/patrickd