POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray+MegaPov : Re: Moray+MegaPov Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray+MegaPov
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 14 Apr 2001 00:12:58
Message: <3ad7ce4a$1@news.povray.org>
"Rick [Kitty5]" <ric### [at] kitty5com> wrote...

> > I want use Moray.win 3.3  with MegaPov 0.7, but i don't know how to
enable
> > MP features (#version unofficial ....) in rendering and materials
setting
> > from Moray.
>
> you can enable the mega pov features by entering the #version cammand in
all
> the moray scene defaults files, however when you do megaPov falls over the
> shorthand rotations used by moray.
>
> strange how it works perfectly in normal mode....

Actually, MegaPov works fine.  BUT... do not try to set the unofficial
version number in the INI file.  Just use "#version unofficial..." in the
POV and INC files.

If you try to set the unofficial version number in the INI file, MegaPov
won't understand what you're trying to do, and it will set the official
version to zero instead.  Way back when POV was in version 0 (when was
that?), the expression parser did not support shorthand expressions.

To repeat myself:  MegaPov works fine.  :-)

-Nathan