POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : megapov rotate -x*90 error : Re: megapov rotate -x*90 error Server Time
1 Sep 2024 14:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: megapov rotate -x*90 error
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 14 Apr 2001 00:09:48
Message: <3ad7cd8c$1@news.povray.org>
"Francois Labreque" <fla### [at] videotronca>...

> "Rick [Kitty5]" wrote:
> >
> > Hi all
> >
> > moray.zip contains the output from moray of a simple scene. torus,
camera
> > and a light.
> >
> > it renders perfectly in megapov when in normal mode.
> >
> > clunk.zip contains exactly the same, except I have added the version
info to
> > the main pov and ini file, now it clunks with
>                    ^^^^^^^^
>
> Bingo.  It seems the "Version" parameter in the ini file is not meant
> for text strings.
>
> Read the message screen and you'll find out why!
>
> Strangely enough, moving the semi-colon to the beginning of the line
> fixes everything.
>
> :)

Francois, you provided all the correct info, but in such a mysterious way
that I think I will get bug reports about this if I don't clarify:

The INI parser doesn't understand POV script.  Therefore, when it sees the
"#version unofficial..." string, it thinks you're setting the version to
zero.  As Francois points out, the message screen displays, "Input file:
untitled.pov (compatible with version 0)."  Way back then in version 0, the
expression parser didn't support the "-x*90" syntax.

(Moving the semicolon to the beginning, of course, comments out the line in
the INI file.)

-Nathan