POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Take 13 (Pretty!!) : Re: Take 13 (Pretty!!) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Take 13 (Pretty!!)
From: Ian Shumsky
Date: 13 Apr 2001 05:56:22
Message: <3ad6cd46@news.povray.org>
I've really enjoyed watching this image progress over the past few week, but
I have to say that adding the little drones with the lasers is a real step
backwards. Apart from cluttering up the image, they don't seem to fit with
the atmosphere of the floating fortress. What are they shooting at? Why are
they there? They might work in the scene if they were doing something else,
such as trying to catch some local fauna or flora, and had a little more
detail in sympathy with the blimps and the fortress, but as they are I think
they detract from the image.

That said, this is still a stunning piece of work! I think the rainbow is a
nice touch.

Cheers,
Ian.

http://www.outerarm.demon.co.uk/graphics/graphics.html