POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Isosurface contained_by{]-bug? : Re: Isosurface contained_by{]-bug? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 14:32:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface contained_by{]-bug?
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 11 Apr 2001 16:11:43
Message: <3ad4ba7f@news.povray.org>
Geoff Wedig schrieb in Nachricht <3ad4a344@news.povray.org>...
>It's a limited version, that only allows for
>the basic parsing.  It doesn't allow rotates and translates and such,
>either.  It'd help if the MP docs were a bit more explicit, yes, but it
>shouldn't hurt you with normal boxes.

You are right of course. I don't know for sure but I probably used both
orders with normal boxes. I meant to mention it in the MP docs - but as this
is MegaPov, I don't mind if the docs don't cover all. Don't know if this
limitation will be in Pov 3.5, too, but if so, it should be mentioned.

>Have you tried rerendering with the
>'corrected' version?  I'm not so certain this is the root cause of the
>problem.

Yes, with the correct order of the coordinates everything is allright. It's
quite an easy shape, so I don't see, what else should cause problems. Well,
the contained_by-box is quite a bit to large but that is no problem most of
the time.

Marc-Hendrik