POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Into the Abyss, IRTC, take 5 (6?) : Re: Into the Abyss, IRTC, take 5 (6?) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Into the Abyss, IRTC, take 5 (6?)
From: Shay
Date: 11 Apr 2001 13:10:09
Message: <3ad48ff1@news.povray.org>
BEST PARTS:
    Bricks are great.
    Castle design has no obvious pov shapes incorporated into it.
    Satelite dish adds a lot of interest.
    Shingle silhouettes on the roof are ten times better than some lazy
texture.
    Castle looks massive.
    Picture is overall very bad @ss.

POSSIBLE IMPROVEMENTS:
    I think the moss looks a lot better on the right side than the left.
    I think that the background is the weakest elemwnt in the picture,
perhaps a lighter mist with some dead trees, a fortified stone gate, or even
a few bright stars visible through it would look better.
    It think the castle would appear even larger if the steam on the bottom
were lightened as well, and more of the castle walls were allowed to show
through it. The dense, bright media could be placed below the range of the
camera to provide adequate light for the picture.

 -Shay

news:3AD### [at] darwincwruedu...

----