POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Into the Abyss, IRTC, take 5 (6?) : Re: Into the Abyss, IRTC, take 5 (6?) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Into the Abyss, IRTC, take 5 (6?)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 11 Apr 2001 12:29:57
Message: <3ad48685@news.povray.org>
Tom Melly <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote:

> This looks wonderful.

> A couple of points, mostly IMHO.

> There's a small red/gold/brown thing on the largest of the towers on the
> left - what is it?

A control panel of some sort.  Not sure what it is, myself.

> I'm not mad on the grainyness of the bg or the glow, but very much IMHO

I'm not sure I like the bg either.  I've been playing with some other
things.

> Are the bricks isos? If so, could the individual bricks have a rougher
> surface and/or more rounded corners - they seem a bit flat.

Yeah, they are.  When they had more rounded corners, the shadows were a
little dark, so I pulled them back a bit.  On the other hand, the lines
between bricks is disappearing on the tower further back, so maybe too far.
Adding a surface iso to them blows my memory straight out the window.  There
are around 13000 of the bloody things, and adding an additional complexity
really makes things go crazy.

Geoff