POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Into the Abyss, IRTC, take 5 (6?) : Re: Into the Abyss, IRTC, take 5 (6?) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:24:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Into the Abyss, IRTC, take 5 (6?)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 11 Apr 2001 08:48:55
Message: <3ad452b6@news.povray.org>
Francois Labreque <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> Geoff Wedig wrote:
>>
>> Well, here we go again.  I think I've improved the stone nicely, but what do I
>> know.  What do others think?
>>
>> Geoff
>>
>>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>  [Image]

> I like the way you got rid of the seam in the stones.  Clever.

Thanks.  I wanted to put in a viewing platform anyway, so...

> It appears that there's some sort of electr[on]ic equipment in the tower
> on the right.  If so, it should have a few blinking leds and maybe the
> glow of an old green CRT tube.  I also think there should be a few
> windows on the castle.  It must stink in there!  (Unless of course, it
> stinks more out there!!)

The CRT idea is a good one.  Might be hard to orient (the windows are small,
after all)

I've tried windows in the walls, but didn't like them much.  It is a
Fortress, after all, and windows weaken the defensiveness.  Still, maybe
some arrowslits in-between the supports for the crennelations might be ok.
Have to think about how to do it though. :/

Geoff