POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC crater wip : Re: IRTC crater wip Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:18:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC crater wip
From: Batronyx
Date: 10 Apr 2001 20:13:33
Message: <3ad3a1ad$1@news.povray.org>
ZenPsycho wrote in message <3AD### [at] yahoocom>...
>Ahh this is my first IRTC entry...  It may look off topic now but bare
>with me. mainly I'm looking for comments on the waterfall, and the
>lighting. Eventually, the whole thing will be as detailed as the center
>square. and there will be a large tower in the middle.. and if there's
>time and if I can figure it out... a fortification wall 'round the edge
>of the crater. thanks

The waterfall looks good, tho' from this distance I can't tell if it was
modelled or if you're using an image map. I don't suppose it matters.
The lighting on the left side of the crater is perfect, but the right crater
wall looks far too shiny. Also, I have no idea what the red bits are
supposed to be in the lower front center. As for the future fortification
wall. . . judging from the craters, I think a dome of some sort might be
more appropriate. Looking forward to seeing more.

bat### [at] cadronhsacom