POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Media Fire take 2 (87kau) : Re: Media Fire take 2 (87kau) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Fire take 2 (87kau)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 9 Apr 2001 07:28:45
Message: <3ad19cec@news.povray.org>
Rune <run### [at] inamecom> wrote:

> The brightness is more evenly distributed now, since that seems to be the
> way real fire is. I've also tweaked the turbulence and I think it looks
> better now.

Yeah, you could say that.  That looks incredible.

> I've made the emitter point move around so the flames don't just come from a
> single point. And I've changed the lighting from multiple point lights to a
> single area light at the average location of the particles.

That probably sped things up a bit, though the other things might have
slowed it down.

> I think the fire moves a bit too quick in this animation but I didn't want
> to rerender with more frames. I've had to increase the number of media
> samples used, so the fire is slower now.

Only a little.  The turbulence of the placement of emission adds a lot to
it.  It has the flickering flames at the top that appear and disappear as
I'd expect them.  It has the appearance of a slightly bigger fire than I'd
expect given the small campfire the scene depicts, but even at that scale
it's *very* close.  I'd be proud to have such a fire in a CRPG, for
instance.

Geoff