POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP take 2, any thoughts? (96k) : Re: WIP take 2, any thoughts? (96k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP take 2, any thoughts? (96k)
From: Batronyx
Date: 8 Apr 2001 19:31:51
Message: <3ad0f4e7$1@news.povray.org>
Bob Franke wrote

>Can you see the rust texture in the door?  I can just detect it in the
>upper right corner.

Same here

>Can you see the texture in the brick mortar on the left wall? I can,
>just barley

Yeah, but like you, just barely.

>Can you see the man's left ear? I can, just barley.

Actually this stands out fairly well.

>Can you see the drain cover on the floor? I can't.

I can, but it's dark enough I wouldn't have known it was a drain if you
hadn't said so.

>Now, the comments and fixes

[snip]

>>I think the scene could use more contrast, so the light
>>gets brighter and the room darker.
>> Kill the ambient, darken it up
>Done

I have to disagree with this one. I could see stuff better in the other.

>>man is, while being very realistic as model and position, quite plastic
>
>>in textures.
>Improved the skin and hair texture but didn't have much luck with the
>shirt.

And well done too! I can just make out what looks like hair on the arm.

>More comments are welcomed . . .

I still hold to my earlier suggestion for making the plaster look less
square around the holes as if the holes are merely missing puzzle pieces.

It's darker but what I can see of the floor is a vast improvement.

The lizard is a nice touch. I like.

bat### [at] cadronhsacom