POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: chaos, order, chaos...749 KB,zip : Re: chaos, order, chaos...749 KB,zip Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:17:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chaos, order, chaos...749 KB,zip
From: Spock
Date: 7 Apr 2001 11:24:42
Message: <3acf313a@news.povray.org>
I second this suggestion.  Glows would be nice.

One thing that struck me when I watched was a kind of "hit you over the
head" impact of the words.  I don't know if it would look better or worse
but I wondered about a pattern of stars that was more evenly spread over the
entire wheel (or at least 120 degrees) so the user would only detect the
message after a few cycles.  That didn't come out right.  I mean the message
is there in every cycle but it is more subtle, imbedded in a seemingly
random pattern of approximately uniform density.  After watching the wheel
go 'round a few times the message might start to imprint itself on the
viewer's mind (perhaps not even at a conscious level).

Ok, maybe this is nonsense.  But you might want to increase the subtlety
factor anyway :-)