POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Interior of a Beer glas : Re: Interior of a Beer glas Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:32:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interior of a Beer glas
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 6 Apr 2001 19:12:31
Message: <3ace4d5f$1@news.povray.org>

> Hi,
> i`ve modeled a beer glas with moray, using a rotational sweep. Now i want
> to fil it with something, beer for instance ;). Do i have to model the
> correct counterpart of the interior of the glas and give it the desired
> texture, or is there an easier way to do this? As far as i know, csg
> doesn`t work with this kind of objects (sweeps).

Couldn't you make a copy of your glass object, and then edit the contour
spline, i.e. removing all part except the inner surface that in the case of
wine would touch the glass. Then you could add a "cap" to this trimmed
object and voila, you should have your wine! Next you should scale the wine
object either a bit larger or smaller so it doesn't coincide with the glass
surface (I've found that scaling it slightly bigger gives more realistic
effects).
I can't test this in moray, but I've done it with other modelling packages
and hand-coded POV, so in principle it works.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee
Home page http://www.hot.ee/margusrt