POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lake View, or: wow reflection blur + iso can be slow [~50K Jpg] : Re: Lake View, or: wow reflection blur + iso can be slow [~50K Jpg] Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lake View, or: wow reflection blur + iso can be slow [~50K Jpg]
From: Bob H
Date: 6 Apr 2001 16:04:49
Message: <3ace2161@news.povray.org>
"Ben Birdsey" <cla### [at] mailcom> wrote in message

> If reflection blur is causing the trouble, you may be able to get away
> with something different.  If the bump_map on the water has features
> that are smaller than one pixel, anti-aliasing would do much the same
> thing as the blurred reflections.

Hmmm, yeah, think I'll try changing the scaling of the normals anyway and
see if that improves things first before I give up on the reflection_blur
altogether.  It occurs to me that what the blurring does is actually reverse
of what it would be IRL I believe.  Distant horizon reflections should be
blurred more than those nearer below the camera due to the waves seen closer
together at an oblique angle far away.
Reflection blurring blends out the reflected objects the farther they get
into the reflecting surface.
That sound right anyone?

Bob H.