POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lake View, or: wow reflection blur + iso can be slow [~50K Jpg] : Re: Lake View, or: wow reflection blur + iso can be slow [~50K Jpg] Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lake View, or: wow reflection blur + iso can be slow [~50K Jpg]
From: Bob H
Date: 5 Apr 2001 13:05:44
Message: <3acca5e8$1@news.povray.org>
news:3ACC6DB6.AA3DA529@gmx.de...

> That's fairly normal for isosurface & reflection, reflection blur even
> more.  Usually in such a scene i would expect the horizon part to be quite
> slow too.

Indeed it was.  Only the sky and midway down the lake was it what I'd call
"fast".

> Before the last 20 lines there is not much of the isosurface to be
> reflected so things are probably quite fast.  I would estimate that the
> mountain reflections in the lake are the part which is slowest.

Correct.

> Just add some radiosity and you will find everything before extremely fast
>
> Nice scene BTW, the clouds look quite good, just the rim of the lake seems
> a bit steep.

Believe me, I thought about using radiosity before I realized how slow it
gets at the last lines.
And thanks, making a shoreline is one of the intended additions, if I can
get it right.  I think it hasn't any scale much until I do.

Bob H.