POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lake View, or: wow reflection blur + iso can be slow [~50K Jpg] : Re: Lake View, or: wow reflection blur + iso can be slow [~50K Jpg] Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lake View, or: wow reflection blur + iso can be slow [~50K Jpg]
From: Bob H
Date: 5 Apr 2001 12:58:51
Message: <3acca44b@news.povray.org>
"Geoff Wedig" <wed### [at] darwinepbicwruedu> wrote in message

> Hmm, not certain why you're even bothering with an iso.  The distance and
> wave size mean that a surface normal would probably be more than
sufficient
> for this image, even if blown up to a very large size.

Huh?  :-)  Oh!  You think the water is an isosurface!  Ha ha.  Well no, it
is not.

> Also, I wonder why you are using blurred reflection, since reflections on
> water are pretty sharp.  If you want the blurring, then I'd think you'd
want
> rougher water, not blurred reflec.  So I guess I wonder why you're using
> these features in this instance.

The blurring is taking place of mere normals or displacement (isosurface?).
Figured I'd give it a try for effect.  I have to change the amounts the
three water textures have I can tell because it doesn't have smooth and
rough areas like it had before.

Thanks, glad you liked it anyway.

Bob H.