POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Possible IRTC entry (18kbu) : Re: Possible IRTC entry (18kbu) Server Time
28 Sep 2024 10:14:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible IRTC entry (18kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 5 Apr 2001 09:31:38
Message: <3acc73ba@news.povray.org>
Stephen Bell <ste### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> > It's supposed to be ice. I considered adding a brick normal but
> > thought that would remove the 'not of this world' feeling. Looking
> > aain, I think the ambient is too high.
>
> Yes, I think the ambient is the problem.  Where is the light source?

One behind the camera to the right, one at the top of the tallest tower

> It
> looks like the end of the bridge is very bright. Is it at the base of the
> castle?

Yup, guess it's reflecting the castle

> How did you make your ice?  Is it just a transparent block with
> ior, or did you use some media effects?

No media (too slow at this point.)

> I think it would look more like ice
> if you gave the ice a bit of white media effect (bubbles in the ice?) and
> cast the light up onto it, maybe from several spotlights around the
castle.

Will try

> That's a nice landscape heightfield.

Thanks. Each mountain is a seperate height field, all created in vue
d'espirit

>Now I finally see what the northern
> lights were for.  :-)

Yup <grin>

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.        Babylon 5   *
* The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *