POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My IRTC, Take 4 (99K) : Re: My IRTC, Take 4 (99K) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:29:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My IRTC, Take 4 (99K)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 5 Apr 2001 07:43:44
Message: <3acc5a70@news.povray.org>
Marc-Hendrik Bremer <Mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

> Geoff Wedig schrieb in Nachricht <3acb6eff@news.povray.org>...

>>The other option is to try to cut blocks out of one side and add them to
> the
>>other in some organic fashion.  Probably more than I want to deal with.

> Just position some blocks by hand over the seam - a little bit "outside the
> wall". As there is no easy visible pattern in your stones, you are quite
> free in choosing them. And the curvature is at zero at that seam anyway, so
> you won't have to deal with some fancy bricks - rounded boxes should do.
> Or do I miss something essential?

Well, curvature is only 0 right at the seam, and not elsewhere.  It's tricky
to get blocks that don't cast really obvious shadows because of this.

I've added a viewing platform at that space, with another row of stones.
It's not perfect yet, but it actually looks kinda neat.  Adds a little more
interest to that back wall.  Still tweaking settings, though.

Geoff