POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Photon question : Photon question Server Time
1 Sep 2024 14:29:25 EDT (-0400)
  Photon question
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 4 Apr 2001 17:59:11
Message: <3acb992f$1@news.povray.org>
When adding the photon section to objects is it better to place the photon
declaration within each small element of a larger complex object or simply
declare the photon statement at the very last one time?  Simplistic Example:

union {
   Sphere {<0,0,0> 1.0 pigment {Red} photons {target reflection on}}
   Sphere {<1,0,0> 1.0 pigment {Green} photons {target reflection on}}
}

or

union {
   Sphere {<0,0,0> 1.0 pigment {Red}}
   Sphere {<1,0,0> 1.0 pigment {Green}}
   photons {target reflection on}
}

It seems faster by using the latter but I'm not sure if there are advantages
or disadvantages of either.  I might be able to see using the former if the
various elements were glass in some and not in others.