POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Media Fire take 1 (230kau) : Media Fire take 1 (230kau) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Media Fire take 1 (230kau)
From: Rune
Date: 4 Apr 2001 16:33:43
Message: <3acb8527@news.povray.org>
Because the glow fire works on a black background only I've had to
experiment with a media solution. This is the result so far. It's not
perfect but it's a start.

Media has both advantages and disadvantages compared to glows. Media works
on all backgrounds but it is also slower. With media one have greater
control over every aspect, but that also make it more difficult to control.
Media is more precise (for example the turbulence is really 3D), but because
of the complexity, errors are also more likely to occur. (There are a few
annoying artefacts in the media in this animation and I don't know what
causes it.)

In this animation I tried placing the fire in a simple scene, and I think it
works well. I also tried attaching a light_source to 20% of the particles
(there are about 30 particles alive at a time), but I don't think it works
particularly well. The fire doesn't flicker enough to the sides to make it
worth while.

Anyway, as always I'd really appreciate your feedback!

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated March 29)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org

Post a reply to this message