POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Next train... (second) : Re: Next train... (second) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Next train... (second)
From: Stephen Bell
Date: 4 Apr 2001 14:43:47
Message: <3acb6b63$1@news.povray.org>
Your modelling is amazing.  I think you need to change the lighting quite a
bit.  The global setting ambient is too high, and you should position the
light source in your scene so that it casts more visible shadows (are you
using multiple light sources?).  Your sky is a little weird.  The clouds
higher up look great, but there is a big band of gradient color just a
little off the horizon that is a quite strange.  I agree with what others
have said about textures.  Some metal reflection would be nice, or even just
some phong.  What did you model everything with?  There's really a lot of
detail in there.  Great job.

Stephen