POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ploughed field WIP : Re: ploughed field WIP Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ploughed field WIP
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 4 Apr 2001 08:50:15
Message: <3acb1887@news.povray.org>
Mick Hazelgrove schrieb in Nachricht <3aca3ab6@news.povray.org>...

>I've posted the code in p.t.s.f.

I rendered the posted scene, but there is no water. Assuming that you use
just a textured plane at a specific level, you could start with subtracting
a noise3d(x/10,y,z/5)/10 or something like that to the function. That way
you lower and rise some parts. If you only want to lower some, use min()
with it. You may have to rise the whole HF a bit, though, as Hf's can't get
'negative' IIRC.

I like your picture very much. It reminds me of one I once made years back
in school with ink for the trees and water-colors for the background. It
hang quite a while in my room.
Yours is more impressive.

Marc-Hendrik