POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My IRTC, Take 4 (99K) : Re: My IRTC, Take 4 (99K) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My IRTC, Take 4 (99K)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 4 Apr 2001 07:21:42
Message: <3acb03c6@news.povray.org>
banty <ban### [at] rapidnetcom> wrote:

> Loving the picture a lot, working on something similar myself.. how did you do t
> he
> brick texture?  I've been trying to accomplish an effect like that for ages.

The blocks are ~14000 isosurfaces, arranged by an algorithm I wrote myself
after been unhappy with the mur.inc (it doesn't scale well, and there are
glitches) The textures are done on a stone by stone basis (well, stones
above the pathway have a common texture at the moment, but that might
change), based on position and random factors.  All in all, it's a real
memory hog, and slow as well, but the effect is, I think, worth the time.
All I can say is Thank the Heavens for PVMegapov. :/

Geoff