POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clay Piranha take 2 (31kbu) : Re: Clay Piranha take 2 (31kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clay Piranha take 2 (31kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 2 Apr 2001 13:14:30
Message: <3ac8b376@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" wrote:
> It looks good, but in some aspects the old one
> looked better IMO.

Can you be more specific?

> What are the radiosity settings you used for it?

Here they are. TonyB made them for me.

radiosity {
   pretrace_start 0.32 pretrace_end 0.0025
   count 100 nearest_count 4
   error_bound 0.04 recursion_limit 1
   low_error_factor 0.05 gray_threshold 0
   minimum_reuse 0.015 brightness 2
   max_sample 1 adc_bailout 0.01/2 normal on
}

> The normal looks indeed a bit strange, but i'm not
> sure what you can do about it.

I could try to tweak it.

> Do you use 'normal on' in the radiosity block?

Yes.

> I'm not totally sure, but there seems to be a quite
> large area light left of the camera.  I would try both
> making it smaller and totally omitting it, it would be
> interesting to see the difference.

I will try that!

Thanks for the feedback!

Rune