POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP, any thoughts? (84k) : Re: WIP, any thoughts? (84k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:28:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP, any thoughts? (84k)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 2 Apr 2001 08:01:12
Message: <3ac86a08@news.povray.org>
Bob Franke <bob### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, 4 lines --]

> Yes, it is for the current IRTC round.
> Thanks in advance for any comments.
> Bob

Very nice.  How were the cracks in the wall done, if I might ask?  I've
wanted to do things like that for awhile, and haven't figured them out.

The bricks in the right wall overlap in a funky way (3-4th rows from top).
I'd fix that.  They also seem to have their textures go from one brick to
another, which isn't good.  The texture is a little plastic.

Lights should be areas, especially the one in the corner.  The top light I
assumed was the sun, so a sharp light is fine, but the corridor light is a
florescent (judging by the shape of it) and should give very soft shadows.

I agree with others about the lighting.  Kill the ambient, darken it up.
Not sure if Radiosity is strictly necessary, but would be a good experiment.
More than 3 recurssion is probably unneeded, so it should be quick (-er) at
least.

The man's jeans and shoes are good, skin, hair and shirt could use some
texturing.

I really like the weathered wood you've got on the roof.  Any chance of
getting the code?

The rust spots on the grate are good in color, but look a little regular.
I'd also suggest a slope map to make more rust on the bottom of the bars.
For some reason, the rust on the door doesn't bother me.

There doesn't seem to be hinges or handle on the door.  How does it open?

Ok, nuff crit.  Really, looks good on the whole.

Geoff