POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : particle system : fire (121kbu) : Re: Fire With Turbulence (121kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:30:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fire With Turbulence (121kbu)
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 1 Apr 2001 22:57:27
Message: <3ac7ea97$1@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] inamecom> wrote in message
> TonyB suggested that I should add turbulence to the glows to improve the
> fire.
>
> Here it is - I think it does improve it! It's a lot slower too though...

I actually think this looks excellent, especially at the very top where the
'flames' are dying. I think that what would make it even more realistic  is
to speed it up - at the moment it looks like slo-motion fire. Maybe this is
what's causing people to comment on it's 'slight' lack of realism.

Also (if you are able), attatch some audio of a fire crackling... I'm sure
that would help ;-)

All the best,

Andy Cocker