POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Take 11 (Panoramic!! 86KBU) : Re: Take 11 (Panoramic!! 86KBU) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Take 11 (Panoramic!! 86KBU)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 1 Apr 2001 14:06:37
Message: <3ac76e2d@news.povray.org>
H.E. Day <The### [at] hedayfreeserverscom> wrote:

> [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, 12 lines --]

> I tried to put all the excellent suggestions I got to good use.
> Gilles's in particular. :)
> I, personally, like it!!
> As to the scale -
> the blimp to the right is holding position directly above the
> waterfall.  It always has.  There *is* a shadow under it, so I thought
> that might give away the position.
> Enjoy, and comment!

Well, a lot of people have weighed in on the side of improvement, let me
weigh in as ambivalent.  I really like the panorama abd the new composition,
but there are a number of problems.

Did you forget to adjust the camera?  Both the blimbs and the station look
distorted and strecthed horizontally.  Was the camera and the render size
not in sync, maybe?

I think the mist is a step backwards.  It's now just a smudgy blot in one
corne.  Reduce it there and add some mist in the left corner again would be
my vote.

What's up with the green splotches?  If they're supposrd to be moss or
something, they don't work.  They're both too regular and too common in
color.  I'd expect lots of really small spots maybe, or something.

Going to the doubled deck again also doesn't thrill me.  The station looks
so much more majestic with only one set.

I really like the layout, though, but other than that, I think there were
several steps backwards in this one that need addressed.

Of course, I seem to be in the minority, so what do I know?

Geoff