POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clay Piranha take 2 (31kbu) : Clay Piranha take 2 (31kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Clay Piranha take 2 (31kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 1 Apr 2001 13:37:39
Message: <3ac76763@news.povray.org>
A lot has been changed since the last version. I've made hundreds of small
changes to the model, so the whole shape of it is rather different, which is
pretty obvious if you compare to the last version.

Of course the most obvious change is the lighting w/radiosity. TonyB set up
this for me and I'm very satisfied with the result, which I think improves
the photorealism a lot. He also kindly rendered the image for me on his
computer which is many times faster than mine.

The radiosity also makes the scene much slower though, so before TonyB sent
me the final version I didn't know how the normals looked up close. I'm
afraid they look a bit flat and fake; I almost have to do something about
that.

But overall I think this version is much better than the last one. :)

What do you think?

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated March 29)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org