POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Level animation web graphic : Re: Level animation web graphic Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Level animation web graphic
From: Stephen Bell
Date: 31 Mar 2001 21:03:50
Message: <3ac68c86$1@news.povray.org>
I hadn't thought about that.  How does an animated GIF compress?  If more of
the image in different frames is changed, does it really affect the
compression?  I'm using Microsoft GIF animator.  Is there a better program
out there?  Mostly I just need to reduce the color depth from 256 colors
down to a more reasonable level.  I think that would help a lot.

"Bill DeWitt" <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message

> "Stephen Bell" <ste### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> > Hi all.  I'm still working on revamping my web site.  I am testing an
> > animated lever (GIF) that moves when you click on it (Javascript I
believe
> > is what Frontpage uses).   I want your opinion on the actual animation
of
> > the image.  It only works so far on Explorer, and it is a really big
file
> >  about 240K... I haven't done a very good job of compressing it).
Anyway,