POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Level animation web graphic : Re: Level animation web graphic Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Level animation web graphic
From: Tek
Date: 31 Mar 2001 20:12:56
Message: <3ac68098@news.povray.org>
Stephen Bell <ste### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> Hi all.  I'm still working on revamping my web site.  I am testing an
> animated lever (GIF) that moves when you click on it (Javascript I believe
> is what Frontpage uses).   I want your opinion on the actual animation of
> the image.  It only works so far on Explorer, and it is a really big file
>  about 240K... I haven't done a very good job of compressing it).  Anyway,
> if any of you has a few spare minutes, can you head on over to
> http://students.oc.edu/stephen.bell/levertest/lever.htm  Thanks.
>
> --
> Stephen Bell
> http://students.oc.edu/stephen.bell

Ooh, badly needs to be a smaller file. I suggest less of the smooth shading,
yeah I know smooth shading looks nice but it really won't compress well in a
gif :)

The animation itself is pretty nice. Could use some realistic textures on
the lever, but that kind of depends on what effect you're trying to create.
Puts me in mind of the game "Myst", which is cool.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com