POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Don't you just hate it? WIP Take 2 (72k) : Don't you just hate it? WIP Take 2 (72k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Don't you just hate it? WIP Take 2 (72k)
From: Tek
Date: 31 Mar 2001 14:30:35
Message: <3ac6305b@news.povray.org>
Don't you just hate it when you realise you've made an error in your render
that's causing it to go really slow, but it's already drawn so much that you
don't know if you should stop it and fix the error or leave it to run to the
end. I was faced with this dilemma after this image had been running for 18
hours. I decided to make my change and splice it back together, though it
still took over 25 hours in total!!!

Anyway, since the last posting I've added a town, two forests, beaches and
some bumps to the ground. And most obviously I've whacked in some rather
over-the-top swirling clouds, done with julia fractals. To be honest I'm in
two minds about the swirly clouds, they either look really really good or
really really bad, and I can't decide which :)

What do you think?

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com