POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aurora (7kbu) : Re: Aurora Version 3 (8 + 13 kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aurora Version 3 (8 + 13 kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 29 Mar 2001 01:19:35
Message: <3ac2d3f7@news.povray.org>
Stephen Bell <ste### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> Much nicer (*applause*).  The effect is much more subtle, so I think it is
> lot more realistic this time around.  Would it be possible to have a few
> more, and give it kind of a layered look (although with the techniques
> you're using, that may put the rendering time through the roof)?

Render time is currently about 15 min. That's on a PII 300 render priority
lower and lots of other stuff runing

> It looks a
> lot better not to have the color quite as concentrated around the bottom
> edge.  Good show.  Is this going to be part of some bigger scene, or was
> your goal just to make northern lights?

Going to be part of irtc entry (I hope)

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.        Babylon 5   *
* The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *