POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aurora (7kbu) : Re: Aurora Version 3 (8 + 13 kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aurora Version 3 (8 + 13 kbu)
From: Stephen Bell
Date: 28 Mar 2001 13:18:43
Message: <3ac22b03$1@news.povray.org>
Much nicer (*applause*).  The effect is much more subtle, so I think it is a
lot more realistic this time around.  Would it be possible to have a few
more, and give it kind of a layered look (although with the techniques
you're using, that may put the rendering time through the roof)?  It looks a
lot better not to have the color quite as concentrated around the bottom
edge.  Good show.  Is this going to be part of some bigger scene, or was
your goal just to make northern lights?

Stephen Bell