POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My IRTC, Take 3 (approx 125K) : Re: My IRTC, Take 3 (approx 125K) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My IRTC, Take 3 (approx 125K)
From: =Bob=
Date: 28 Mar 2001 11:20:14
Message: <3ac20f3e$1@news.povray.org>
Wow Geoff, that's beautiful!

What makes it take so long to render on so
many computers? The blocks being isosurfaces?

You could just put something in front of those
blocks that line up just behind the glows, perhaps
a pipe or ladder. You could also remove the focus
from that area by moving the main glow futher
out and maybe even increase the arc.

I love the moss! Is it textural or procedural? Is it
applied per block or on the whole structure? It
looks a little strange on the right side where it
abruptly stops below a pipe or ladder or something.

I think the vapor looks great now, strong in the center
and gets wispy towards the edges. Is it just one
mass of media or several or what?

What is the little red light on the far left turret?

I think the background sky doesn't live up to the rest
of the picture.

Still, a totally awesome render!
=Bob=

"Geoff Wedig" <wed### [at] darwincwruedu> wrote in message
news:3AC### [at] darwincwruedu...
: At long last, I've managed to get a full render of my IRTC Entry, Into the
: Abyss.  This isn't a perfect print, some of the lights were erroneously
not
: area lights, and I didn't use radiosity, but since it took 6+ hours on 15
PIIs
: running PVMegaPov, I'm not complaining just now.  I'll fix that stuff for
the
: final render.
:
: The one major problem I see is that ugly line of bricks just behind the
glows.
:   It must be something in this version of Pov, because it doesn't show up
: under Windows.  Has anyone encountered isos doing strange things under
Linux
: and/or PVM?  I'd like to talk to you if so.
: So, comments?
: Geoff