POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My IRTC, Take 3 (approx 125K) : Re: My IRTC, Take 3 (approx 125K) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My IRTC, Take 3 (approx 125K)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 28 Mar 2001 08:19:53
Message: <3ac1e4f9@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw <gsh### [at] monotixcoza> wrote:

> Wow. That's really nice.

Thanks.

> A couple of nit-picks...

> The green stuff on the tower on the right. If that's supposed to be a result
> of
> stuff coming from the pipe then it's a little too wide at the top. Cone
> shaped
> would probably look better.

It is, or rather it's a parabola, but the top is a little too flattened.
I'm going to have to tweak it.

> Is the man throwing that glow ball, or just standing watching it. I get
> the impression that it is the latter. If it's supposed to be the former,
> maybe a
> more dramatic posture would be better.

Well, he did throw it, but now he's watching it fall. ;)  A drammatic pose
would go against the mood I'm going for, so I went with something a little
more subtle.

> The smoke looks great, but I'm not sure about the speckly background.
> What's it supposed to be?

Abstract mainly. :/  I don't want the picture to feel entirely real.

Geoff