POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My IRTC, Take 3 (approx 125K) : Re: My IRTC, Take 3 (approx 125K) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:13:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My IRTC, Take 3 (approx 125K)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 28 Mar 2001 08:03:19
Message: <3ac1e117@news.povray.org>
Geoff Wedig <wed### [at] darwincwruedu> wrote in message
news:3AC### [at] darwincwruedu...
> At long last, I've managed to get a full render of my IRTC Entry, Into the
> Abyss.  This isn't a perfect print, some of the lights were erroneously
not
> area lights, and I didn't use radiosity, but since it took 6+ hours on 15
PIIs
> running PVMegaPov, I'm not complaining just now.  I'll fix that stuff for
the
> final render.

> So, comments?

Wow. That's really nice.

A couple of nit-picks...

The green stuff on the tower on the right. If that's supposed to be a result
of
stuff coming from the pipe then it's a little too wide at the top. Cone
shaped
would probably look better.

Is the man throwing that glow ball, or just standing watching it. I get
the impression that it is the latter. If it's supposed to be the former,
maybe a
more dramatic posture would be better.

The smoke looks great, but I'm not sure about the speckly background.
What's it supposed to be?

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.        Babylon 5   *
* The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *