POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aurora (7kbu) : Re: Aurora Version 2 (9kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:29:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aurora Version 2 (9kbu)
From: Spock
Date: 27 Mar 2001 13:32:54
Message: <3ac0dcd6$1@news.povray.org>
The most common in our area are streaks of paint upwards on a pale green
background, but I certainly haven't seen all possible variations...

One thing struck me about the overall attempt to render an aurora:  I bet
you could submit a photograph of the real thing and a lot of people would
say it didn't look very realistic... because it doesn't :-)

BTW, I spent a few minutes going over the site below to see *all* the
pictures.  The animations (time-lapse photography, not rendered) are
awesome.  Well worth the visit.

http://www.ptialaska.net/~hutch/aurora.html