POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aurora (7kbu) : Re: Aurora (7kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aurora (7kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 27 Mar 2001 09:27:39
Message: <3ac0a35b@news.povray.org>
Spock <spo### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message news:3ac09b35$1@news.povray.org...
> This is an excellent start.  We see them here in the late fall and early
> winter (when the air is clear) and your intent was unmistakable.

Thank you

> I composed a long response trying to describe the difference between what
> see in the sky and what I see in your image, but I don't have sufficient
> command of the language.  So I decided to search for pictures on the web
> instead.  These pictures look accurate to me:
>
> http://www.ptialaska.net/~hutch/aurora.html

I found that site this morning and have been using those pics as references

> I have no idea how you might start modelling this in POV,

Lots and lots of media <grin>

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.        Babylon 5   *
* The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *