POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aurora (7kbu) : Aurora (7kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  Aurora (7kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 27 Mar 2001 05:54:47
Message: <3ac07177@news.povray.org>
I decided I needed some atmospheric effects for my
irtc entry (which I will post once it's more than a few cylinders
and cones)

This is supposed to be the aurora borealis.  It's an isosurface
containing media with a function used in the density.

For those who live far enough north to see the real thing, does
it look right?

For the iso experts, is there any way I can randomly vary the
distance between the peaks of a sine wave?

Comments? suggestions?

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.        Babylon 5   *
* The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *

Attachments:
Download 'aurora.jpg' (7 KB)

Preview of image 'aurora.jpg'
aurora.jpg