POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 2nd WIP, maybe IRTC entry (180k) : Re: 2nd WIP, maybe IRTC entry (180k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2nd WIP, maybe IRTC entry (180k)
From: =Bob=
Date: 27 Mar 2001 01:35:09
Message: <3ac0349d@news.povray.org>
Thanks Margus,

I think you're right. It needs more of the
"wild" backyard look. Still trying to get those
leaves to pop out. I think I like the idea of
a wood pile and the water drop. Thanks
for the suggestions.

Have a great day!
=Bob=

"Margus Ramst" <mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote in message news:3ac00e7f@news.povray.org...
: "=Bob=" <Bob### [at] threestrandscom> wrote:
:
: > Here's a second pass on my render.
:
: This one has really great atmosphere and setting, and a good idea.
: Suggestions:
: The grass is still too uniform IMO, perhaps you should try throwing in other
: types of plants to make it look more like a distended corner of a garden.
: The leaves of the trees are a bit too flat, a more defined texture and/or
: some shinyness might help.
: You could add a trickle of water to the nozzle of the pump.
: As for what object to put on the left side; I personally don't much like the
: idea of a lawnmower... This looks like a secluded corner of a garden, a bit
: distended and wild, the kind of place that seldom sees a lawnmower. More
: vegetation (trees, bushes) behind the fence would enhance that air of
: intimacy even more - provided that's what you are going for. A covered
: woodpile or little shed might look good at the left side (this scene
: resembles me of a garden I knew as a kid, which had a covered stack of
: firewood in a similar setting).
:
: --
: Margus Ramst
:
: Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee
: TAG (Team Assistance Group) e-mail: mar### [at] tagpovrayorg
: Home page http://www.hot.ee/margusrt