POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 2nd WIP, maybe IRTC entry (180k) : Re: 2nd WIP, maybe IRTC entry (180k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2nd WIP, maybe IRTC entry (180k)
From: =Bob=
Date: 27 Mar 2001 01:32:29
Message: <3ac033fd@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the suggestions! That's where
I need to go with this pic now. Lots of effort
to get it just right. Not sure why the cookies
would look green. Might have been the
increased contrast. I'll check it out.

You're not alone on the grass and leaf textures.
And I'll check out Alex Lindsay.

=Bob=

"Batronyx" <bat### [at] cadronhsacom> wrote in message news:3ac02fca@news.povray.org...

[Some deletions for brevity]

:     Vary the grass blade color as you've done with the closer leaves and add
: some bump and shine to all of the foliage.
:     Generally 'dirty-up' and 'weather' everything as you've done with the
: bricks and pump: grimy smudged hand/fingerprints on the toys, darken the
: pump handle a bit where its most often grabbed, wrinkles and frayed edges to
: the paper sail, desaturate the fence colors pushing them closer to gray, add
: splintering and dirt to the step/crate thing, etc.
:     For inspiration, check out dvgarage.com Alex Lindsay, who worked for
: several years on Star Wars Episode I and with ILM for awhile, is offering
: free daily and weekly 3D tutorials based on principles and not geared toward
: any specific package.
:     Keep going, this developing into a great pic and I'm looking forward to
: the final result.

: bat### [at] cadronhsacom