POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 2nd WIP, maybe IRTC entry (180k) : Re: 2nd WIP, maybe IRTC entry (180k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:13:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2nd WIP, maybe IRTC entry (180k)
From: Batronyx
Date: 27 Mar 2001 01:14:34
Message: <3ac02fca@news.povray.org>
This looks much better than the first version. I don't think it needs
anything on the left side. It's looking great as it is. Maybe just pull the
ball up closer to the viewer and 'weather' it a bit. If I added anything it
would be some ants on the march towards those cookies :)( which look a
little too green BTW, at least on my monitor. ).
Suggestions:
    Vary the grass blade color as you've done with the closer leaves and add
some bump and shine to all of the foliage.

    Generally 'dirty-up' and 'weather' everything as you've done with the
bricks and pump: grimy smudged hand/fingerprints on the toys, darken the
pump handle a bit where its most often grabbed, wrinkles and frayed edges to
the paper sail, desaturate the fence colors pushing them closer to gray, add
splintering and dirt to the step/crate thing, etc.

    For inspiration, check out dvgarage.com Alex Lindsay, who worked for
several years on Star Wars Episode I and with ILM for awhile, is offering
free daily and weekly 3D tutorials based on principles and not geared toward
any specific package.

    Keep going, this developing into a great pic and I'm looking forward to
the final result.

bat### [at] cadronhsacom