POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 2nd WIP, maybe IRTC entry (180k) : Re: 2nd WIP, maybe IRTC entry (180k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2nd WIP, maybe IRTC entry (180k)
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 26 Mar 2001 22:52:31
Message: <3ac00e7f@news.povray.org>
"=Bob=" <Bob### [at] threestrandscom> wrote:

> Here's a second pass on my render.

This one has really great atmosphere and setting, and a good idea.
Suggestions:
The grass is still too uniform IMO, perhaps you should try throwing in other
types of plants to make it look more like a distended corner of a garden.
The leaves of the trees are a bit too flat, a more defined texture and/or
some shinyness might help.
You could add a trickle of water to the nozzle of the pump.
As for what object to put on the left side; I personally don't much like the
idea of a lawnmower... This looks like a secluded corner of a garden, a bit
distended and wild, the kind of place that seldom sees a lawnmower. More
vegetation (trees, bushes) behind the fence would enhance that air of
intimacy even more - provided that's what you are going for. A covered
woodpile or little shed might look good at the left side (this scene
resembles me of a garden I knew as a kid, which had a covered stack of
firewood in a similar setting).

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee