POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : PVM Megapov : Re: PVM Megapov Server Time
1 Sep 2024 14:28:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PVM Megapov
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 26 Mar 2001 13:36:59
Message: <3abf8c4b@news.povray.org>
Geoff Wedig <wed### [at] darwinepbicwruedu> wrote:

> Micha Riser <mri### [at] gmxnet> wrote:

>> What OS do you need it for? I successfully compiled it for linux and SunOS. Wh
> at
>>
>> were the problems with compiling?

> Linux.  I didn't have access to aimk, so I was trying to badger the makefile
> into using make, and while I got it to compile, the binary would crase even
> with a sphere on a checkered plane. ;) Francois has generously sent me both
> aimk and a compiled linux version.  Now I just have to get pvm working and I
> should be good to go.

Well, after fighting to get PVM to run on my system (long story) I think I
have it right, but PVMPOV when run, comes up with "Initializing PVMPOV" and
sits.  Has anyone else encountered this, and/or can anyone offer advice?  I
still haven't gotten a compile of my own to work even this much, but the
build Francois gave me should be sufficient, if I can get it to run. :/

Anyone got any advice for me?

Geoff