POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lamp needs help (11kbu) : Lamp needs help (11kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  Lamp needs help (11kbu)
From: buke9
Date: 25 Mar 2001 01:01:19
Message: <3abd89af@news.povray.org>
This pic is of a lamp my wife is making so I thought I would render it. I'm
using a bicubic_patch light bulb (working on a CSG bulb to take it's place)
that I think is giving me the blotches on the floor and wall along with the
wrinkle normal on the shade. That is not what is bothering me but the shade
is. How can I make the shade light up? I was thinking of an emitting media
do you think that would help(the shade is CSG boxes)?
I like the texture of the shade but want it lit up more. I have tried
raising ambient and transmit values but no luck there. The bulb is a glass
texture with a glow_light source inside with a point_light at the same
point.
Radiosity also fills the room. Any ideas ?

       Thanks,
                Buke

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: