POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rusty metal textures : Re: Rusty metal textures Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rusty metal textures
From: Stephen Bell
Date: 24 Mar 2001 17:56:11
Message: <3abd260b$1@news.povray.org>
Okay, as for the shape of the gear, I was trying to copy a picture I found
on Corbis. The picture that I used to make the texture for the nameplate
also came from Corbis.  I've posted my "inspiration pictures" for these at
http://students.oc.edu/stephen.bell/gear.jpg and
http://students.oc.edu/stephen.bell/rustedpaint.jpg  That should help you
see where I'm coming from.  I will try to make the sunken in parts of the
gear more rough (material map?  I'll have to figure it out).  Thanks for
your help.

Stephen

"Stephen Bell" <ste### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> Hi everybody.  I tried to send this earlier, but I don't think it went
> through, so my humblest apologies if I posted this twice.  I trying to
> revamp my web site right now with some POV-Ray graphics that would make
the
> menus look like rusted metal.  I want some feedback on my textures.
Thanks