POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP, perhaps IRTC entry? (128k) : Re: WIP, perhaps IRTC entry? (128k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP, perhaps IRTC entry? (128k)
From: =Bob=
Date: 24 Mar 2001 03:18:21
Message: <3abc584d@news.povray.org>
Thanks Christoph,

I'm trying the ambient now. I suspect you
and Dave are correct. It wasn't unreasonable,
but I know I tweaked it for other reasons.

I'll check out the water. I'll try the variable
reflection too.

I want the grass to look overgrown. In fact, I
want the yard to look like it's not been kept
up. I'll try a run with smaller blades though.
I'm worried about the number of objects
now. Do the blades at the well look too big?
Or is it just the main body of lawn? Or both?

I really appreciate your help!
=Bob=

:
: Looks nice and very funny,
:
: as others mentioned, the lighting looks improvable, the contrast between
: light and shadow should be stronger, so you could reduce the ambient, make
: the main light source brighter and maybe add a fill light.
:
: The bricks look great, but the water is too bright IMO, at that angle
: there should be not so much reflection and it also seems to have some
: ambient/diffuse finish.  Maybe also try variable reflection.
:
: The grass looks somehow wrong in scale in comparison to the bricks, but
: that's not so important.
:
: Christoph
:
: --
: Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>
: IsoWood include, radiosity tutorial, TransSkin and other
: things on: http://www.schunter.etc.tu-bs.de/~chris/